Mr. Hurd is a Director at Robert-Douglas, and brings over ten years of experience in hotel equity acquisitions and consulting. Prior to joining Robert-Douglas in 2013, Mr. Hurd’s experience includes three years at Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers, where he was involved in over $750 million of hotel acquisitions on behalf of Cornerstone Hotel Income and Equity ("CHIEF") Fund II and a number of other institutional clients, as well as four years as Director of Acquisitions at HEI Hotels & Resorts. Mr. Hurd also spent two years in San Francisco with HVS International, a leading hospitality consulting and appraisal firm. While at HVS, Mr. Hurd was involved in the valuation of over $2 billion in hotel assets.
- Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers Hotel Group - Assistant Vice President, Acquisitions
- HEI Hotels & Resorts - Director, Acquisitions
- HVS International - Senior Associate
- Cornell University, School of Hotel Administration, BS
AFFILIATIONS & INTERESTS
- Cornell Hotel Society
- Cornell University Real Estate
- Hotel Dealmakers
- HVS Alumni
- Long-distance running (D.C. Marine Corps Marathon 2012)
During his career, Mr. Hurd has contributed to the acquisition of over $1 billion in hotels and resorts as a principal, including:
- Equinox Resort and Spa, Manchester, Vermont
- Le Meridien, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Embassy Suites Tysons Corner, McLean, Virginia
- Embassy Suites, Waltham, Massachusetts
- Marriott, Burlington, Massachusetts
- Algonquin Hotel, New York, New York
- Doubletree Downtown, Houston, Texas
During his tenure at HVS International, Mr. Hurd was involved in a number of high profile valuations and feasibility studies including: Hotel Del Coronado, Coronado, California; Capella Pedregal Resort and Residences, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego, California; Omni Hotel, San Diego, California; and Hyatt at Olive 8 Hotel and Residences, Seattle, Washington.
Mr. Hurd is a member of the national and New York City chapters of the Cornell Hotel Society. He currently resides in New York and enjoys jogging, basketball, fishing, reading and travel. Mr. Hurd earned his BS degree in Hospitality Management from Cornell University.